Monday, August 1

Simon says Celebrate!

It's Simon's Monday Challenge sixth birthday, so help us celebrate this week!!




We are having a lot of fun this week celebrating Simon's Monday Challenge Blog anniversary, and using some of the wonderful Simon Says Stamp products. Come with us and enjoy the fun!!

I want to give a warm welcome to our August guest designer, Christine Bedford!! I can't wait to see what she shares this month, I know it will be awesome!

This week, I went for simple and created a birthday card. I started out with colors I don't normally reach for and created circles of color with the mini round blending tool and distress inks. Next, I went in with some of the abstract flower shapes from Simon's Many Thanks set. Ok, background is done!


I wanted to stamp the big birthday and add the banner above with a sentiment. I put this here just to share, that I do make mistakes, and sometimes pretty often. I have learned to just go with the flow and figure out a way to make it work for me. In this case, I had the stamp all inked up and it slipped as I was getting ready to position it...OOPS!


So, my fix was to stamp the banner and sentiment on watercolor paper and lay it over my mistake - now, you really wouldn't even know there's an oops below that. I added Simon's sketch stars and  some glossy pops with Crystal Accents. I felt it still needed more, so went in and doodled around the edges. I thought I was done...


...but after I slept on it, I decided I wanted more, so layered it up with some card stock and remembered a piece I saw recently from May Flaum with the sequins around the edge. I ran with that idea, and little dots of white around the 6 to make it stand out, and now here is a look that yells out "Celebrate!!" Much better :)


We would love for you to get out your Simon Says Stamp products and join us this week in celebrating this special birthday! (and don't worry if you don't have any Simon products, use what you have on hand) 

You might even win a $50 gift voucher from Simon, and I know that would make you celebrate! This week Simon Says Stamp is celebrating by offering not one, but two gift certificates - double your chances! Looking forward to your creative project this week, so please join in!



SUPPLIES:

                                       
                                       

A great place to shop!!


Simon is on Instagram!


Now, aren't you getting curious to see what the design team is doing to celebrate? Be sure to head on over and check it out, because these are some amazingly creative teamies!!


12 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Your card is simply gorgeous!!! I love these bright colours! They're so funny and cheerful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Maura, the bright colours and background design are fabulous and I love how you fixed your oopsie! :-) Very well done :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maura, your background is awesome!! I love the bright, festive colors and entire design.

    Hugs,
    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Maura! Love the stars and the fun background! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card Maura! I love the background and the stars. Great happy colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous celebratory design! Love the warm palette too :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your colourful background Maura and well done for getting yourself out of that inky oops moment...love the sequin border...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The background is fabulously sweet! Love the choice of colors. Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome fix! Who would know if you hadn't told? Love those stars!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore the colour palette you've chosen to use on this card, Maura and background is amazing...gorgeous celebratory card! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a happy card! And I love all your swirls and curls and the sequin border. I, too, have to sleep on things sometimes to figure out a finishing touch and you really nailed it. It was also nice to see than even crafting icons like yourself sometimes make mistakes! Way to turn it into a cool feature!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really gorgeous, wonderful way to celebrate this Birthday! Fabulous card Maura !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest