Monday, November 27

Star Light, Star Bright



Happy Monday, my friends! I hope you have had a great week and are ready for our new challenge this week - Star Light, Star Bright. All you need to do is add a shiny star to your project!

Hasn't it been wonderful having Suman with us this month? I have really enjoyed her take on our challenges! Thanks so much for joining us this month and sharing your creativity with us all!!

I've been die cutting lots of stars recently, and decided to make a couple of shiny ATC's using them.


First step was to use the Moroccan stencil and Texture Paste and add the raised design to both sides.


Next, I added a layer of gold to both sides and the edges.


Then I sponged on some Fairy Wings...


...and Mermaid Sparkle.


I heat set each paint layer, then decided I wanted more so I added some Infusions to each ATC. I sprinkled some of the powder on, misted it with water and heat set it too.


I added a couple of shiny stars to the front and back, and edged them with some Distress Crayons.


I added paper doll images, words, a bit of sparkle, and edged with black pen to create some more depth.

Leave a little sparkle wherever you go...


Have an open heart...


I may add some pretty ribbon to my ATC's and turn these into ornaments. I think the glittery paint will pick up the lights from the tree.


Time to get inspired by the stars and join us in our challenge this week! Simon Says Stamp offers a $50 gift voucher to one lucky participant!!


SUPPLIES:

                                        
                                                    
                                        
A great place to shop!!


Simon is on Instagram, use #sssmchallenge.


The stars are shining this week, both in the sky and the design team, so be sure to head on over to check them out!!




16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous ATC's Maura, the children are very cute and I love the backgrounds and big stars, absolutely fabulous! They look really good stood next to those trees too! Lovely decorations! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shimmery backgrounds you made on your ATC's, Maura. So pretty!

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such Gorgeous ATC's Maura !! The infusions made a huge difference on all the metallic goodness,love the cute kids and the big stars are utterly amazing !! Thanks for all the love left on my blog this November :) Hugs !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great set! I see you have had a lot of fun playing with the colors on your background and the esult is fantastic. I love the shiny gold with other sparks on it. The infusions were a great idea. Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will never tell you enough how much I LOVE these ATCs...outstanding job...how you built the background and added all the details, achieving an amazing overall effect! Lots of Hugs xxx Simona

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving these shiny ATCs! The texture and paints look amazing and I love the star shape and sentiments you used too 😁. Adding ribbon and hanging them on your Christmas tree is a great idea 😀. Wishing you a happy weekend! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...stunning creations as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning ATCs...these are just beautiful Maura and those stars create such an impact...they really do shine brightly! I love these so much... <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. These ATCs are gorgeous, Maura. The background colors and texture you created are so beautiful! Love the bright stars, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous, love the backgrounds and those stars are amazing...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are some of my favorites that you've done, my friend! I've never even HEARD of the Prima sparks before, so you have once again given me a reason to add some more items to the ole Simon shopping cart. I admire how you are always looking for new products and new techniques and showcase them so perfectly. I especially adore the backgrounds on these (you know what an addict I am to Moroccan/lattice shapes)! Really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing ATCs MAura! love the sparkle wherever.... Paper dolls are my obsession... Love them, perfect in this work! barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so pretty, Maura! Love the shimmering color and the depth of color with the Infusions. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW oh wow on that background! STUNNING, and I bit it was hard to cover up! LOVE kiddos are a wonderful touch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is so appreciated, and I love reading each and every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest